Job Title: 21st CCLC Grant Accountant
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer/Chief Executive Officer
Dept. /School Communities In Schools North Texas - Central Office
Duty Days: Part-Time
Wage/Hour Status: Non-Exempt
Pay Grade: Hourly
Date Revised: 4/24/2012
To apply for this position please submit your resume and completed application to Wendy Johnson at
She will contact you to set up an interview if you meet the qualifications needed.
Serve as Grant Accountant to Communities In Schools North Texas (CISNT) for the 21st CCLC federal grants.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance or business administration with related work experience in accounting, budgeting, fund accounting, and data analysis. Master's Degree preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 5 years successful, relevant work experience in a governmental, non-profit or private sector delivery organization.
- Successful background and experience in bookkeeping, reporting, analyzing financial data, completing day-to-day budget functions and recommending budget adjustments related to restricted funds.
- Experience working in a business office setting with a high level of computer literacy including MS Excel and MS Word. Experience working with accounting software preferred.
- Advanced problem solving skills and ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment on confidential business and financial matters.
- High levels of initiative, flexibility and organizational skills; ability to perform duties with limited supervision and ability to manage and work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Individual in this position will be asked to perform or assist in a variety of activities that support accounting and other financial administrative processes of CISNT operations including but not limited to:
- Preparation of monthly financial reporting within prescribed deadlines; ensuring financial records and management reports are maintained in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Practices and TEA guidelines as needed for reimbursement.
- Preparation of general accounting function reports including revenue and expenditures, and related account reconciliations; management reporting; accurate transaction processing for programs, grants and special events; donor acknowledgements; accurate monthly reimbursement requests; accounting analysis and inventory controls.
- Assist in the preparation and coordination of documentation needed for external audit activities.
- Perform periodic (daily, weekly, monthly) balancing, reconciliations or other routine tasks required to ensure required levels of data integrity.
- Ensures expense coding, voucher preparation, and check issuance, and filing of financial documentation are accomplished accurately and timely.
- Accounting clerical duties such as purchase requisitions, purchase orders, bank deposits, etc.
- Perform other support, financial and administrative duties as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer on an as-needed basis.
- Exhibit commitment towards the CISNT mission.
- Computer, FAX machine, copier, scanner, printer.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written).
- Ability to perform basic office duties.
- Must maintain emotional control under stress.
- Moderate standing, stooping, bending, and lifting; extensive work on a computer, moderate work on phones.
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- Assume responsibility for personal growth to improve job performance.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
Continuation of position is contingent upon funding.