Communities In Schools of North Texas respects your right to privacy and will protect it when you visit our web site. Here are some things you should know about how we protect your privacy.
- When you send us e-mail we won't keep or share your e-mail address with anyone outside of CISNT staff and its contractors. We'll only use your e-mail address to respond to your requests for information.
- If you sign up for one of our (e-)mailing lists, we'll only send you the kinds of information you've requested. We won't maintain your name on the list and won't share your e-mail address with anyone outside of CISNT.
When you browse, read pages or download information on our website, we automatically gather and store certain technical information about your visit. This information never identifies who you are. The information we collect and store about your visit is listed below:
- The Internet domain (for example, "xcompany.com" if you use a private Internet access account, or "yourschool.edu" if you connect from a university's domain) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access our website;
- The type of browser (e.g., Netscape, Internet Explorer) and operating system (Windows, Unix) used to access our site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The pages you visit; and
- If you linked to our website from another website, the address of that website.
- This information is only used to help us make the site more useful for you. With this data we learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use. We never track or record information about individuals and their visits.
- We monitor visits to the web site to identify any attempt to tamper with it.
- When you submit personal information using our web site--for example, if you complete a volunteer application online--we have systems that make sure people outside of CISNT cannot access your personal information.
- We would only try to identify you personally when required to do so by a law enforcement investigation. Any information we collect for those investigations is destroyed according to federal guidelines.
- Tampering with CISNT's web site is against the law. If anyone tries to tamper with it, they may be punished under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
Links to Other Sites
- Our website has links to many other web sites. When you go to another site, you are subject to the privacy and security policies of that site. CISNT cannot attest to the accuracy of information provided there.
- Linking to a web site does not constitute an endorsement by CISNT, or any of its employees, of the sponsors of the site or the products presented on the site.
If you have any questions, please contact CISNT